If you wish to transfer attendance to Ringer’s Auto School Junior Operator License (JOL) Driver’s Education Program for the behind-the-wheel, on-road, driving lessons portion of the program, follow these steps:
- Contact Ringer’s Auto School requesting a transfer. The junior operator student must have completed all 30 hours of classroom instruction at another school before requesting a transfer to Ringer’s. You must provide the name of your other school. Ringer’s will process the transfer request with the RMV and your other school.
- You must provide Ringer’s with a certificate of parental completion from your other school. If you completed the parent class at Ringer’s, notify us of the name of your prior student and we will look it up in our files.
- Once Ringer’s has verified completion of the classroom portion of the driver’s education program and processed the transfer, you will be able to purchase individual driving lessons.
- You may purchase each individual driving lesson one at a time ($65), or several at a time upon checkout, or a package of 12 ($780). There is a one-time $100 transfer fee for junior operators. Twelve hours of drive time are required to complete the driver’s education program and earn the certificate of completion. Six hours of observation are also required. There will be no additional fee for observation or for the certificate of completion.
Where: Ringer’s behind-the-wheel driving lessons take place within our service area – SAUGUS, LYNN, WAKEFIELD, MELROSE, MALDEN and REVERE. If you live in our service area, we will pick you up and drop you off at your home.
*If you live outside our service area, you may meet us in Saugus at our office or at an agreed upon location somewhere within our service area.
TRANSFER STUDENTS WHO PURCHASE 12 DRIVING LESSONS
When: Driving lessons are available for transfer students who purchase 12 hours are available afternoons and Saturdays during the school year and Monday-Saturday 8am-8pm during summer and school vacations.
How to Pay: Prepay your lesson by clicking the “Pay-As-You-Go” or “Package” option. On the next page add your items to your cart. Upon checkout, select credit/debit or select pay by check. Mail your check to the office.
Or, visit our office in person between 11am-4pm weekdays to pay in person by credit/debit/cash or check.
Click one button below to select your item.
NOTE: There is a one-time $100 TRANSFER FEE added to the lessons purchase price for Junior Operator Transfers.
1-Hour Driving Lesson, $65 each if paying by cash or check. $68.25 if paying by credit/ debit. The one-time $100 transfer fee will appear as a separate item at checkout. The transfer fee need only be paid one time.
12-Hour Driving Lesson Package, $780 plus one-time $100 transfer fee = $880. if paying in full at once by cash or check. $924 if paying by credit or debit and also if paying on a payment plan over time.
How to Schedule: Send a TEXT MESSAGE to our scheduling line (781)231-0337. State your name and ask to schedule an individual driving lesson.
You will receive a response within 24 hours except weekends and holidays.
Driving Hour availability for adults: M-F 8am-2:30pm typically 2-4 day wait. Afternoons, evenings and Saturdays typically 4- week wait.
How to Confirm A Scheduled Lesson: We try our best to prevent you from incurring cancellation fees. Our efforts include sending you a computer-generated, automated reminder text message 48 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment that clearly states the day and time of the appointment. Reply YES to confirm, or reply NO up to 24 hours in advance of the appointment to cancel with no fee.
How to Cancel A Scheduled Lesson: 24 hours notice is required when cancelling.
1. Reply NO to the automated confirmation text
2. Or, text the scheduling line (781)231-0337 to state that you are cancelling.
Cancel Fees: $20 cancel fee for less than 24 hours notice. (Cancel a double, 120 minute lesson with less than 24 hours notice = $40 cancellation fee.)
$50 cancel fee for less than 1 hour notice. (Cancel a double, 120 minute lesson with less than 1 hour notice = $70 cancellation fee.)
If You Cancel A Scheduled Lesson Due to Illness: Please try your best to give 24 hours notice when cancelling due to illness. There is no fee for cancelling due to illness, however there is a MANDITORY 7-DAY RESCHEDULING BAN, to comply with CDC recommendations.